26/12/2011

Newton Day Is Over

In celebration of the great physicist's birthday, I received several books and sock yarn. Hurray!

Particularly notable amongst my acquisitions today:

The Coast Of Utopia by Tom Stoppard

I've always wanted to read this series of plays, ever since I first caught wind of its epicness over five years ago. I'm a huge fan of Stoppard's work, and an even bigger fan of Russian history and the playwright Turgenev, both of which figure greatly in this massive opus. Definitely excited to begin reading this, and I'll post a review when I've finished each of the three parts.

Pillowman by Martin McDonagh

Love Martin McDonagh and his insanely dark sense of humour. I'd been meaning to get my paws on Pillowman for a while.

Baker Street: Original Broadway Cast Recording

The Sherlock Holmes musical that few people remember, which nonetheless has several delightful tunes and an interesting plot. I may post a review about this one too, considering how few articles one can find on the interwebs.

Great day otherwise, spending time with family and giving ill-advised gifts to my younger siblings. And now two more weeks of similar bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment