19/05/2011

30 Chocolate Chip Cookies...

... No survivors.

So good to know that they're appreciated, I suppose.

I've been cast in my dear theatre company's production of Tartuffe! As the Officer! Minor role, but this still promises to be loads of fun. Pretty much everyone who I already know are involved are Doctor Who enthusiasts, so this is shaping up to be one of the more awesome casts I've been a part of.


It's Funnier Than It Looks

And we're using a brill rhyming translation!!!!! The exclamation marks, the size, and colour are all absolutely necessary.

 I finally finished the essay on Roman food, and things are definitely looking up, though next week is going to be crazy. Next week is also a three-day week though, so things balance out.

Ideas I had on the cooking/baking front:

- Mango strawberry tarts. Inspired by a lemon mango tart I purchased, photographed and ate at the ROM in Toronto, Canada. I think mango and strawberry is one of the best flavour combinations there is, and really needs to go mainstream.

- Strawberry pasta sauce. Made with feta and some sort of vinaigrette. Will take time to formulate. I'm certainly not planning on slathering pasta with strawberry syrup. But I think it will be awesome.

- Still working on the logistics of reverse peanut butter cups. Peanut butter chips may be the key to making a shell that won't go all melty as soon as I take it out of the fridge.

Jacques Brel and one of his grandest songs, Madeleine. I've adored his music since last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment